How to Maximise the Effectiveness of Marketing Messages and Client Communication
This Guide addresses the key issue for advisers of establishing a clearly defined brand and positioning strategy for their practice. It is essential for an advice
based practice operating in the digital age to have consistent branding and marketing messages communicated to clients.
AVAILABLE NOW as a PDF download for $32.95 AUD (includes GST) -
Advisers must be positioned as experts on the advice and services which are relevant and value-adding to their clients. The practice must have a strong defined
brand that is effectively communicated across both on-line and traditional (off-line) media. This Guide addresses the key topics of:
- What is positioning?
- Positioning against non-advice based competitors
- How to build marketing assets
- The Positioning Matrix
- Positioning on the 5 marketing factors and expertise
- Determining your "Elevator Speech"
- Benchmarking your Client Value Proposition
- Positioning for referrals
- Building a brand through core values
- Can your practice benefit from a Positioning Strategy?
- The 4 key steps for positioning and branding a practice (each step is a Chapter with a set of actions to implement) are:
- Step 1: Determine Client Positioning
- Step 2; Determine COI Positioning
- Step 3: Establish Practice Brand
- Step 4: Write Positioning Statement
- Positioning and branding implementation and tasks checklist
This Guide is based on two decades of working “hands-on” with financial planners across Australia. It focuses on the key topics for ensuring planners establish a
strong positioning and branding strategy to maximise the effectiveness of all marketing.